I hope you are enjoying these summer months and staying safe and healthy.
You read in my previous blog, that when our students return to class this fall they will find a newly restructured Hillel. And so now that Universities across the province have shared their plans to reopen, I’d like to share an update on how we at Hillel Ontario are thinking about our students and our staff, and how we’re planning for the start of the academic year.
It really can’t be said enough—the health of our students, and the health of our staff, are our priority. And every decision we make as we address our operations will be made through that lens. We want to be sure the approach we’re taking is thoughtful, and that we’re creating a Hillel environment that’s safe for everyone.
Our Hillel spaces won’t open all at once, we’re going to take a phased approach, only reopening when:
- we are allowed to do so based on guidelines set by provincial and municipal governments;
- we are aligned with plans that have been formalized by our university partners
- we’re prepared with the right safety measures and protocols; and
- we have confidence we can ensure the safety and wellbeing of our students and our staff.
When we do reopen, more than anything we want to ensure our students and staff are safe, and that they feel comfortable. We’re therefore making updates to the way in which we operate and support our students to help keep everyone healthy. Some of those updates include:
- conducting health screenings for our staff;
- providing face coverings for staff and students
- taking steps to allow for social distancing of two meters or more, which may have to include limiting the number of staff and students in our space;
- increasing cleaning and sanitization;
- pausing or adapting various programs and events; and
- altering hours of operation, as may be necessary.
You can learn more about our approach, details on how we’re ensuring a safe environment, and ways we’re supporting our students, staff, and communities on our website. We’ll also post details on social media relative to each individual campus.
Should you wish to speak to a member of our team please email email@example.com.
Stay safe and healthy,
Marc Newburgh, CEO