Hillel Ontario is searching for a Talent Director; an approachable, intelligent & dynamic individual who will work as an integral member of the Operations Team in the pursuit of building a highly effective and well-supported team. You will have an enormous and meaningful impact on one of the most forward-thinking organizations in the Jewish community. You will be empowered and enabled to be bold, to be innovative and to pilot new initiatives, while accessing significant professional development, mentoring and skill building opportunities. Ideally you will begin to work directly with the students that Hillel serves in the capacity of career development opportunities.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Manage semi-monthly payroll & administer the organization’s benefits.
- Be the go-to person for all employee HR questions and concerns.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with all onboarding and offboarding directives, including sending offer letters, managing communications with candidates and working with our staff to onboard new professionals into the organization effectively.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team and Campus Directors to attract and recruit new staff using a variety of mediums (LinkedIn, social media, local newsletters, direct outreach, etc)
- Implement effective, meaningful, and consistent performance management measures across the organization.
- Identify, investigate, and apply for grants and related funding opportunities.
- Work with the Chief Culture Officer to implement best practices around organizational culture and wellness. Be more than a culture contributor, be a builder.
- Consistently update the Hillel Ontario personnel code to ensure it represents the most up to date and best HR practices that lead to employee satisfaction and retention.
- Research trends that will enable Hillel to be competitive with market conditions.
- Collect, organize and analyze HR data, such as from exit interviews, to create opportunities for improvement and efficiency, in addition to creating data transparency and action-oriented responses to the information.
- Work closely with Hillel Ontario’s legal support to ensure the organization is aligned with employment and compliance concerns.
- Implement opportunities for our staff to access Professional Development (PD) training. This may include organizing PD training and/or conferences.
What You Do Well:
- Stay organized and be approachable.
- Prioritize many competing requests ranging from payroll to onboarding to working on a long-term strategic project, such as updating the organization’s compensation philosophy.
- Inspire others regarding the importance of creating great workplaces and implementing best practice human resource policies.
- Stay motivated to be an innovator and change agent by developing and pitching your ideas, taking risks and navigating the critical relationships required to influence change.
- Collaborate with colleagues of all perspectives.
- Create and uphold systems and policies.
- Collect and analyze data and use it to inform decision-making.
- Be curious about, and stay up to date on, best practices on workplace environments.
Experience and Credentials:
- HR degree or designation preferred; CHRP certification, etc.
- 3-5 years of Human Relations experience
- Preference for non-profit experience
- Competency in core areas of HR such as employee relations, benefits and compensation, culture creation and people analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and collaborate with multiple team members.
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of respect, humility, and confidentiality.
What You’ll Receive:
Hillel Ontario will challenge you, will inspire you and will nurture you. You will have the opportunity to have an immediate and direct impact not only on the staff that you support, but the students that we serve. You will also see that no two days are the same and that the mission, the staff, the culture and the growth plans will keep you on your toes, enjoying your work and ultimately, thriving as a professional. That is Hillel’s value proposition as an employer and that is our commitment to you.
The salary for the role is $60,000 to $65+,000 depending on your experience. In addition, you will be eligible to join Hillel’s benefits plan which includes health, dental and related supplemental benefits, cell phone stipends and benefits that we would like for you to identify and implement in this role.
About Hillel Ontario:
Hillel Ontario serves approximately 14,000 Jewish students across nine universities and is the largest regional Hillel system in the world. A model for the Hillel movement, Hillel Ontario was created on October 1, 2015 and strives to inspire every Jewish student in Ontario to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel Ontario is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
Program and Social Media Coordinator
The Program and Social Media Coordinator at McMaster Hillel in Hamilton, ON is a creative and engaging individual with a strong social media and content creation background. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and capable multi-tasker who will use these skills to engage students and drive Hillel’s mission, values and goals.
What You’ll Do
- Support student-initiated programs; attend programs when appropriate (including evenings, weekends, Jewish holidays)
- Advise and support the student executive boards and their committees
- Identify and seek innovative program areas to reach new student populations
- Logistics support for programs
- Develop and implement a social media strategy for advertising and engagement
- Manage and grow our Discord server
- Utilize Social media as a tool for change
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live (in residence), work and/or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and engage them
- Work with student leaders on refining their Engagement best practices through tabling, coffee dates, networking and welcoming at programs
- Working with and coordinating with other Jewish groups on campus like Chabad, AEPi, etc.
- Building relationships with professionals and student leadership of campus groups
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years relevant experience working
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot effectively
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with network management and social networking processes
- Energy, a sense of humour, flexibility and maturity
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle is an asset
What You’ll Get Out of It
- $40,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience and prorated based on length of contract
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- The professional and personal satisfaction of knowing that you will absolutely make a difference in a person’s life.